Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What are Biometric Finger and Facial Scans?

Lets start with the biometric finger scan. The biometric finger scan is already being used on driver's licenses, and will be used on the REAL ID. When a finger scan is taken it is converted to a numeric code as described in the illustration below.


What is a numerical set of numbers? A bar code! Are you getting a weird feeling yet?

What else is going on the REAL ID? Facial recognition photos! These too are already being issued on drivers licenses! I facial recognition photo marks certain geometric locations on your face and places them on a grid where is it converted to a numerical number just as a finger scan is.




Every face has numerous, distinguishable landmarks, the different peaks and valleys that make up facial features. The computer software used for Facial recognition scans defines these landmarks as nodal points. Each human face has approximately 80 nodal points. Some of these measured by the software are:

  • Distance between the eyes
  • Width of the nose
  • Depth of the eye sockets
  • The shape of the cheekbones
  • The length of the jaw line
These nodal points are measured creating a numerical code, called a faceprint, representing the face in the database.




The software used to create these scans can pick a face out of a crowd and match it up with the face in their database. It doesn't matter where you are, walking in the bank, driving down the road... Just about anywhere, your SSN, birth certificate, REAL ID number and everything else will be available for anyone who has the software to detect your facial features.



If these two things are not an invasion of a persons identity I don't know what is.

Here is an interesting site to look at http://computer.howstuffworks.com/facial-recognition.htm

8 comments:

Liv said...

Wow that's pretty interesting. Who knew about the finger print thing? I don't quite understand it all but the face scan thing is weird. Keep posting. Olivia

P.S. Found your blog off of HSA.

Anonymous said...

I can see how its a invasion of privacy but if its a law we have to follow it, unless its not Biblical.

John said...

Greg, it is not a law, and even if it was, it is not Biblical.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for creating this blog... I didn't know very much about the Real ID act before. My sister, Lydia, has mentioned it but didn't have many details, thank you for filling us in.
I've wished for quite a while that I could just destroy all forms of "identification" that have my name on them but, before I do that, I need to be able to give a reason for exactly why I don't have to have them. Do you know the legality's on this issue?

~Abigail N.~

P.S. I found your blog from HSA.

acarrillo said...

John, thank you so much for keeping us informed. Also -- I found some stuff that I might interest you. Go ahead and Google something like "US Concentration Camps" or even "Haliburton prison camps in the United States" and you'll see the possible punishment for people who won't submit to tyranny.

It's very interesting!

Give me Liberty, or give me death.

Anonymous said...

Makes me shudder. But thank our Lord for Matthew 10:28, Psalm 27 and the like!
I just re-watched some parts of "America: From Freedom To Fascism". Heaven help us!
So, what dose one do once you're in? Just try to not sink any further and do all in your power to keep family and friends from sinking?
Thanks again for posting this information and for taking the time to research it! And also thanks for not growing weary [at least on the outside :)>] of my questions! I appreciate it!
( : David's Kate : )

Anonymous said...

What does the Bible say? Is it wrong to obey this law and get the Real ID?

thanks for the site, it's very interesting and informative.

I found your site from HSA.

God bless!

Anonymous said...

This site is mostly for health issues, but in this article and the ones at the bottom, Dr. Mercola talks about the RFID chips.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/04/05/heart-device-vulnerable-to-hacker-attacks.aspx
Interesting to say the least.
( : David's Kate : )